Every day we are fighting and winning on many fronts, but the efforts of our team are too often invisible to others in the union movement. We want to take the time to recognise the achievements and inspire others with the success we have had in the past 12 months. The NexGen Awards will celebrate innovation, achievement, and contribution to building the movement and worker power.
We are now welcoming nominations the following categories:
- Innovative Organiser of the Year
- Innovative Growth Campaign of the Year
- Innovative WHS Campaign
- Delegate of the Year
- The Jennie George Award (open to all women organisers)
NexGen Award nominations should be submitted in a digital format - video/audio/graphic etc (no more than three minutes in duration) – and demonstrate how the nominee has, in the past 12 months:
- Built union membership and worker power;
- Innovated in the use technological tools;
- Delivered achievements which are potentially transferrable across unions or able to be applied with scale across the union movement; and
- Demonstrated strategic importance to the future of the union movement.
Nominations close Friday 19 May, and will be judged by a panel comprised of ACTU Vice Presidents.
NexGen Award winners will be presented with their prizes by our special guests at the ACTU 90th Anniversary Dinner on Tuesday 27 of June.
Submit your nominations to email@example.com