Accounts and Payroll Officer
- Temporary role working with the peak body for the Australian union movement.
- Excellent opportunity based in the Melbourne CBD.
An opportunity has arisen to join the ACTU in the Finance team as the Payroll/Accounts Receivable Officer for the ACTU, for a period of 6.5 months effective immediately.
The Accounts and Payroll Officer has responsibility for working with the General Manager to process payroll for the ACTU and associated entities, and processing of financial transactions for specified entities.
Working as part of a team the Accounts and Payroll Officer provides assistance with general administration across the organisation.
As part of the Operations Team, you will be reporting to the General Manager, Finance where you will be working with the General Manager to process the fortnightly payroll, ensuring statutory and accounting requirements are met.
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and previous experience in processing complex payroll systems, advanced Excel and reporting skills, with MYOB experience being an advantage.
If you feel you have the experience and skills for this role and would like the opportunity to work at the ACTU, submit your application by COB on Wednesday 17th January, 2018 by following the instructions below.
Key Selection Criteria (essential)
- A commitment to the values of the ACTU;
- A high-level understanding and extensive experience of accounting procedures and payroll processes;
- Skills in independently identifying, analysing and resolving problems;
- Understand and experience in managing the legislative requirements of payroll tax, superannuation, FBT, PAYG, WorkCover and BAS for the organisation;
- Extensive experience in producing payroll and accounting reports for end of month reconciliations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A full Position Description is available upon request.
How to apply
Request a copy of the full Position Description and email a Covering Letter, CV and application addressing the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, Wednesday 24th January 2018 (closing date extended).
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Carmen Pace, Operations Director - 03) 9664 7333