Do you have a background in behavioural science/behavioural change? This is an exciting opportunity to use those skills to come up with inventive experiments to make a positive difference for working people in Australia.
The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) is the peak union body representing over a million workers and their families.
We are looking for a full-time Behavioural change expert/Experimental economist or equivalent to work with ACTU staff and affiliated unions to conduct behavioural research and experiments into growth and union member recruitment and retention.
The role would suit someone who has recently completed research qualifications in behavioural economics or an equivalent field and/or someone with demonstrated experience in a behavioural team.
The role requires the use of research, data, creativity, behavioural economics, psychology and nudge theory to encourage people to join their union.
The role will report to a senior experimental economist in the ACTU’s Behavioural Insights Unit and as part of a team within the ACTU’s innovation hub.
- Commitment to and passion for the values of the ACTU and the union movement generally
- Experience designing and running experiments
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including experience analysing experimental results
- Experience writing high quality research reports and/or academic papers
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. behavioural/experimental economics or equivalent)
- High-level communication skills
- High-level of curiosity and out of the box thinking skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience working in a behavioural team
- Experience with statistical software such as Stata
- Experience working with surveys or survey data
- Demonstrated ability to publish in academic journals
The ACTU will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary based on skills and experience, along with 15% superannuation and generous leave arrangements.
Please provide a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, and a CV, to Ben Davison, Chief of Staff, ACTU at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply online