The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) is the peak union body representing nearly 1.8 million workers and their families.
We are after a full-time Data Support Officer (12-month contract) to support the development of two key software projects, as well as provide general project and data support to the ACTU Technology Team.
The two projects are part of the ACTU Organising Centre’s UTECH work. The first project aims to make workplaces safe – by helping workplace health and safety representatives to access information and record hazards in their workplaces. The second project will help workers from non-English speaking backgrounds to better understand their rights and engage with their unions – through a multilingual tool.
The role will also provide project and data support to the broader membership growth and campaign work of the ACTU, working closely with internal campaign teams from outbound call centre work to field and online activities.
The position is based in the ACTU’s growing Technology team, working alongside skilled software developers, user experience and design specialists in our Melbourne office.
- Commitment to the union movement and to social and economic justice.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and work to tight deadlines.
- Team player who shows initiative.
- Proficient in managing data, including using Microsoft Excel, building reports, and performing basic analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook (or alike software) for managing documents and calendars.
- Strong experience running and reporting on digital campaigns including emails blasts, events, petitions, online surveys, SMS and calls.
- Experience in using CRM and CMS software.
- Project Management qualification, such as Agile PM, PMBOK, PRINCE 2.
- Basic understanding of Australian industrial relations.
- Experience working in project management, particularly to deliver software products.
- Basic experience or understanding of programming languages, particularly HTML & SQL.
- Digital campaign experience at a union or progressive organisation.
The ACTU will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary based on skills and experience, along with 15% superannuation and generous leave arrangements.
To apply, please provide a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a CV to Ben Moxham, Deputy Chief of Staff, ACTU at email@example.com by 5pm, 16 August 2019. Applications that do not provide a covering letter will not be considered.
For a confidential discussion about the role, contact Ben at 0400 285 045.