The Director of the ACTU Organising Centre is a leader in union organising, capacity building & education. The position is responsible for managing the ACTU Organising Centre, which has officers in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart. This role plays an important role in leading the education and organising agenda of the Australian Union movement. This position works closely with elected ACTU Officers, other ACTU Directors and all staff within the ACTU Organising Centre.
Mode: Permanent, full-time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, or Brisbane
- Leading the strategy, management and oversight of the ACTU Organising Centre.
- Leading the work of the ACTU in the development of affiliates education and training.
- Successful oversight of the budget, staffing and management of the Centre, including its interstate offices.
- High level liaison with union leaders, and securing the active engagement of the Centre across the union movement.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director to ensure high level curriculum is delivered via ACTU education programs.
- Oversee the management of the Union Education Foundation programs including the effective delivery of government grant requirements.
- Overall responsibility for RTO management and compliance
Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience, including training qualifications.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrate an understanding and experience of the role of organising in the overall strategy of the union movement.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the key union training and education principles, including curriculum development, delivery and review.
- Proven ability to manage a large team of staff and deliver successful budget outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of capacity building and the overall strategic issues for the Australian union movement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic oversight.
- Experience in staff supervision and management, including the development of work plans
- Experience as a trade union organiser and / or educator at a senior level.
- Commitment to and passion for the values of the ACTU and Union movement generally.
Other: Interstate travel is a requirement of the position.
If you would like to discuss these positions informally and confidentially, please contact Joseph Mitchell (03) 9664 7357.
Applicants are asked to send a CV and application addressing Key Selection Criteria to Joseph Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Director Organising Centre application
Applications close COB Friday 24 November.Apply online