Digital Communications Officer - Full time Fixed Term 2 Years
UTECH Project, ACTU Organising Centre
Classification is Level 4 based on skills and experience.
This is a new 2-year position based in our Melbourne office.
This role is a Full-Time position, (or a minimum 0.6) Fix term role for a period of 2 years.
The ACTU Organising Centre assists Australian Unions to build their organisational strength and capabilities to protect the workplace rights and living standards of Australian workers.
New technology is transforming our workplaces and changing traditional patterns of work. The Centre is rolling out a technology project called UTECH in Victoria, to transform and extend our education and organising capacity through the development of online and digital learning resources.
The Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a confident Digital Communications Officer with demonstrated high level and generalist skills to develop digital content for one of our key UTECH projects.
• Willingness to work in accordance with ACTU and ACTU Organising Centre policy and procedures.
• Commitment to the values and principles of trade unionism.
• Capacity to exercise judgment and discretion within a politically sensitive environment.
• Respect for cultural and social diversity within the workforce and the community.
Key Selection Criteria:
1. Demonstrated experience in developing and producing online digital content for social media, including copy, graphics and audio-visual content.
2. Experience with online and social media analytics.
3. Tertiary qualifications in digital communications or media, marketing or similar.
4. Demonstrated skills in social media management.
5. Demonstrated highly developed research, writing, and editing skills in a digital environment, with the development of engaging online resources.
6. Highly developed administrative and organisational skills; being process driven, autonomous, and able to deliver on agreed upon outcomes and timeframes, whilst collaborating across multiple teams and organisations.
7. Working knowledge of Adobe Suite or similar graphic design & audio-visual production software.
8. Highly developed communication and problem-solving skills, including stakeholder engagement.
9. The ability to maintain discretion in a high-profile and politicised working environment.
1. Experience within the trade union movement or education sector.
2. Understanding of the function of educating workers about their rights at work.
3. Understanding of, or willingness to familiarise yourself with Industrial legislation and the ACTU Organising Centre’s educational frameworks.
Role will report to the ACTU Assistant secretary and ultimately to the ACTU Secretary.
How to apply
Review the attached position description and email a Covering Letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria and CV to email@example.com by 26th February, 2019.
For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Scott Connolly on 03 9664 7333.Apply online