About the Job
Based in our Melbourne office, our casual phone team work on a variety of projects including: conducting surveys with members on behalf their unions, contacting and reactivating un-financial members, and campaign calls.
The position is casual and hours will vary, but the work mainly involves evenings (until 8.30) and occasional Saturday work.
About the ACTU
The ACTU is the peak union body representing almost 2 million Australian workers and their families. It works with affiliate unions, members and the community to improve the lives of working people and their families by campaigning for improved working conditions, healthcare, education and policies that help to create an inclusive society.
- An excellent communicator who is able to listen and quickly build rapport with a diverse range of workers.
- Committed to union values and social justice.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Good computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
You might have:
- A good understanding of the union movement, including its ongoing campaigns and challenges.
- Experience working in membership recruitment or sales, and hitting recruitment objectives.
- Experience in one of the following: union, community, social justice, student or other activist campaigns, volunteer work or relevant social studies or industrial relations work.
The role pays $28.03/hour plus 15% superannuation.
People who have previously been part of the ACTU contact centre casual team are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be considered as they are received.Apply online