TITLE: Production Officer - Graphic Design
CLASSIFICATION: ACTU – Band 3 (equivalent to Junior/Mid-weight Graphic Designer, Digital Role)
MODE: Part Time - 3 Days per week: FTE 0.6
WORKGROUP: ACTU Melbourne, Digital Campaigns team
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Digital Organising
Based in our Melbourne office, as part of the digital campaigns team this position supports the online and field campaigning work as well as the broader communication efforts of the ACTU by providing compelling and creative graphic design for print, web and social media. The position is part time, 3 days per week.
Production of documents and reports, printed campaign material as well as digital assets for online campaigning.
A typical day will involve participating in daily briefings, creating content about the news of the day, typesetting and finishing documents, re-touching images, and producing memes, gifs and video.
- Design and produce documents, reports and printed campaign material.
- Design and produce digital assets for online campaigning.
- Attend daily briefs and create content related to news of the day.
- Typesetting and finishing documents, re-touching images, producing memes, gifs and video.
- Attend to tasks as requested within the skill set of the position.
- Attending meetings as required.
Willingness to work in accordance with ACTU policy and procedures.
Commitment to the values and principles of trade unionism.
Capacity to exercise judgment and discretion within a politically sensitive environment.
Respect for cultural and social diversity within the workforce and the community.
Internal Communication Requirements:
Sitting within the digital campaigns team this role works collaboratively with team members to meet the needs of the ACTU across a number of departments, including the policy, industrial and legal teams as well as the campaigns and communications teams.
You will be joining a fast-paced work environment with a large online following and be involved in influencing public opinion with creative design and content.
Educational and Work Experience Qualifications:
The successful applicant will work closely with an experienced graphic designer. This role would suit a recent graphic design graduate who wants to break into the design field in a supportive and dynamic workplace.Experienced designers are also encouraged to apply.
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is a must, particularly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Experience using AfterEffects and Premiere Pro would be highly regarded.
An excellent communicator.
Highly motivated and self-driven.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Committed to union values and social justice.
Key Selection Criteria (Essential):
- Demonstrated experience with working on a wide range of print and digital design.
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience and organizational skills in developing design work specific to requested tasks or brief.
- Ability to work autonomously, problem-solve, and take initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team alongside an experienced and highly skilled graphic designer.
- A commitment to the values of trade unionism and social justice.
Key Selection Criteria (Desirable):
- Experience with After-Effects and Premiere Pro would be highly regarded
For a confidential discussion regarding the position please contact Leanne Shingles on (03) 9664 7246 or 0423 821 773.
Applicants are asked to send a CV, a covering letter addressing Key Selection Criteria plus 3 of your best folio pieces on a one page PDF (no larger than 5mb) to email@example.com by 5.00pm on 27 November 2017
The ACTU is an equal opportunity employer.Apply online