TITLE: Production Officer – Print & materials
CLASSIFICATION: ACTU – Band 3 (equivalent to Mid-weight Print Production role)
MODE: Part Time - 3 days per week, FTE 0.6
WORKGROUP: ACTU Melbourne, Digital Campaigns team
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Digital Organising
Based in our Melbourne office, as part of the digital campaigns team this position supports the online and field campaigning work as well as the broader communication efforts of the ACTU with responsibility for printing material for all parts of the organisation for campaigns, conferences and events as well as the everyday work of the ACTU. The position is part time, 3 days per week, with the likelihood of additional days of work in the lead up to major events, such as the triennial ACTU Congress.
Produce, print and bind material in-house, including typesetting of documents and reports, and co-ordinate external production of campaign collateral, including large format printing. This role is also responsible for the operation of ACTU printing equipment, ensuring regular machine maintenance as keeping paper and toner stocked.
You will be the first point of call for all print and copy requests and produce high quality material. The person in this role is also required to minimise waste, keep accurate records of print and copy jobs and ensure internal approval and records processes are maintained.
A typical day involves participating in daily briefings, creating, printing and binding documents, touching up images, running the printing machines and planning and organising bulk print runs.
- Produce, print and bind documents.
- Typesetting of documents and reports.
- Coordinate external production of collateral.
- Ensure that the printing equipment is regularly maintained and serviced.
- Organising and maintaining stock levels of consumables for ACTU printers to appropriate levels.
- Operation of digital wide format printers and production printer and binder equipment.
- Ensure on time and accurate delivery of ACTU campaign materials
- A thorough understanding of the digital and offset printing and finishing process.
- Attending meetings and briefings as required.
Willingness to work in accordance with ACTU policy and procedures.
Commitment to the values and principles of trade unionism.
Capacity to exercise judgment and discretion within a politically sensitive environment.
Respect for cultural and social diversity within the workforce and the community.
Internal Communication Requirements:
Sitting within the digital campaigns team this role works collaboratively with team members to service the needs of the ACTU across a number of departments, including the Organising Centre, the policy, industrial and legal teams as well as the campaigns and communications teams.
Educational and Work Experience Qualifications:
At least 1 year of copy and print / production knowledge and experience.
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
Highly motivated to deliver excellent results.
Strong knowledge of PC applications; eg. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Creative Suite.
An excellent communicator.
Committed to union values and social justice.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Key Selection Criteria (Essential)
- Demonstrated high-level experience (in excess of one year) of coordinating activities in a print room environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the typesetting of documents, producing printing and binding documents.
- Experience in the operation of digital wide format printers, and production printers and associated equipment.
- Hands-on skills in printer production of material including finishing, laminating and binding.
- Understanding of various RIP programs and colour correction.
- Strong eye for detail and passion for producing a quality product.
- Ability to work autonomously, problem-solve, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to prepare and communicate information clearly, both verbally and in written form.
For a confidential discussion regarding the position please contact Leanne Shingles on (03) 9664 7246 or 0432 821 773.
Applicants are asked to send a CV, a covering letter addressing Key Selection Criteria plus 3 of your best folio pieces on a one page PDF (no larger than 5mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00PM, 27 November 2017
The ACTU is an equal opportunity employer.Apply online