The Australian Education Union represents members working in Public Education in Victoria.
The union has a full time permanent vacancy for an Industrial Officer in our Melbourne Office.
The Industrial officer will work with other industrial officers, leadership and staff to advance and protect members’ interests in industrial tribunals and similar settings.
Remuneration: The full time annual salary for this position is $106,299 plus superannuation, depending on experience and skills.
Enquiries: A Position Description is available on our website https://www.aeuvic.asn.au/about-us/work-us. Questions about this vacancy can be directed to Michael McIver, on (03) 9417 2822.
Applications: Send to Jenny Evans, HR and Organisational Development Manager, AEU Victorian Branch, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Friday 23 February 2018.
Applications will not be considered unless they address the following selection criteria.
- Demonstrated commitment to unionism
- An understanding of and commitment to public education
- Demonstrated skills and experience in advocacy and case preparation in industrial and similar tribunals
- Capacity to contribute to strategic industrial policy development in the education industry
- Knowledge of the Fair Work Act 2009 and other industrial and employment law, the operations of the Fair Work Commission, and the industrial jurisdiction of the Federal Court
- Experience in enterprise bargaining ,particularly in the public sector
- Understanding of gender and employment issues as they apply to a union in which the majority of members are women
- High level computer skills and knowledge including use of Word and Excel
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated skills and experience in handling and resolving members’ workers compensation cases
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position