Southern Organiser – AEU Tasmania
AEU Tasmania wants to hear from AEU members or community campaigners/organisers interested in working inside the engine room of one of the largest unions in Tasmania and the strongest voice for public education and the people who make it happen.
We are recruiting now for an Organiser to be based in Hobart, starting in Term 3, 2022.
This exciting Organiser role is up to 0.8 FTE (four days per week – negotiable).
There is some employment flexibility available and a secondment may be an option for AEU members.
The initial six-month fixed term contract may result in an option for extension.
You’ll receive top-notch training and support, and it’s a great opportunity to expand your skills outside of the classroom or in a new challenging role.
Please address each of the selection criteria, individually, in your written application of approximately 500 words and send, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am Monday 4th July 2022.
Here are some of the personal and professional qualities we are looking for – is this you? You are:
- A team player with a demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment,
- Someone who understands and has a commitment to the principles of organising,
- Committed to the principles and objectives of the union movement with a higher level of understanding of issues facing educators in the public sector specifically,
- Good-humoured and resilient,
- Able to work to tight deadlines,
- Able to prioritise according to organisational objectives,
- A self-starter who has plenty of initiative, constantly on the lookout for opportunities to further organisational objectives,
- Keen to use your high level written and oral communication skills,
- A natural in relational conversation and easily form networks to aid the achievement of organisational objectives.
The essential requirements of the role include:
- Prior organising or campaigning experience
- Been a union workplace delegate or Rep and/or activist
- Current C class driver’s licence
- Eligibility to hold a Right of Entry permit
- Appropriate Good Character Checks required to work in education settings
A desirable requirement is:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
Send your questions about the role to email@example.com
Please address each of the selection criteria, individually, in your written application of approximately 500 words and send, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00am Monday 4th July 2022.Apply online