NATIONAL EDUCATION OFFICER
The Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union has a full-time permanent vacancy for a National Education Officer. The position will be located at the Union’s Office in either Sydney (Granville), Brisbane or Melbourne, depending on candidate chosen.
The duties of the National Education Officer include:
- To deliver a wide range of courses to delegates and officials, as required by the program schedule;
- To travel as required to regional areas and interstate to deliver against the training schedule;
- To work together with educators when delivering courses, share ideas, training techniques to further develop their skills and expertise;
- Write reports following courses;
- To work together with designated national and state officials to prepare curriculum for specialist courses to meet organisational development needs;
- To contribute to the national development program for delegates and to assist with their development in consultation with designated officials;
- To contribute to all elements of the AMWU national education program;
- To support the policies of the AMWU and work in accordance of those policies.
In addition to these functions, Applicants must possess:
- A commitment to the principles of unionism and social justice
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Sound knowledge and expertise in adult education and participatory education techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to travel regionally and interstate on a regular basis.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office package
- A current Australian Drivers Licence is essential
- An understanding of the Industrial Relations Laws
The AMWU values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your application and resume to email@example.com
Applications close: 12.00 noon (AEST) Friday, 8 December 2017.
For any enquiries about the position please contact the Education Coordinator, George Koletsis firstname.lastname@example.orgApply online