Location:Victorian Branch, 540 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
Salary: Industrial Officer Year 1 $105,622 full-time per annum (plus 14.5% superannuation)
Hours: Full-time (38 hour working week)
- Work for the nurses and midwives union, leading a team to represent the industrial and professional interests of members and improve health and aged care services.
- Exciting and varied role with excellent employment conditions.
We represent the professional and industrial interests of more than 78,000 members across Victoria. We aim to empower nurses and midwives to maximise their influence of their profession, their working environment, the health care system and the broader community.
- Under the management of the Senior Industrial Officer and/or elected officials, you will represent the industrial and employee relations interests of members in relevant forums including preparing cases for hearing before the Fair Work Commission or other applicable tribunals.
- As a team leader, you will lead and manage a group of Organisers and also provide industrial and employee relations advice and assistance to Branch management, staff and members as required, and ensure that member issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- You will work collaboratively with Professional Officers, Mental Health Nursing Officers, Maternity Services Officer, Occupational Health & Safety Officers and other branch staff to protect and improve members’ employment conditions through the provision of high quality industrial and employee relations advocacy.
- You are responsible directly and indirectly for negotiations dealing with important industrial and employee relations matters including Enterprise Bargaining, in conjunction with other Branch staff as relevant.
- You will assist with the development of Branch industrial and employee relations strategy and policies, and contributes to submissions on behalf of the Branch.
- You are resilient and sustain energy for difficult tasks maintaining personal poise and composure even when under pressure.
- You are results focused making timely decisions even when under pressure or in ambiguous situations.
- You have a passion for the Union Movement and growing ANMF strength within workplaces.
- You are committed to achieving outcomes for members, fairness and justice.
- You have a passion for leading and developing a team and have demonstrated success leading a team.
- You are committed to organising and campaigning in everything we do.
- You are experienced preparing for and presenting cases and matters in various tribunals including Fair Work.
- You have been involved with leading campaigns.
- You have demonstrated experience in negotiating enterprise agreements and advocating for improved member working conditions.
Applications required by COB Friday 26th May 2017.
Please email your CV to Jo Walker, HR Manager, on email@example.com
For further information or a copy of the position description, please contact Jo Walker on 9275 9333.Apply online