Industrial Officer (full-time, Redfern or Penrith)
Are you committed to achieving great outcomes for working people? Are you empathetic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills? Do you enjoy problem solving and always approach issues by thinking outside the square?
The Australian Services Union NSW & ACT (Services) Branch (ASU) is seeking to employ an Industrial Officer who can answer YES to these three questions to support members to achieve secure jobs, win great pay and conditions and resolve workplace issues.
The ASU is a progressive, active and growing union. We are committed to organising members to grow their union and win campaigns that make a real difference for workers and contribute to a fairer society. Examples of this include the landmark ASU Equal Pay campaign that won pay increases of up to 45% for thousands of community and disability workers, and the We Won’t Wait campaign for 10 days paid domestic violence leave for all workers.
ASU members work in non-government community services (such as the NDIS, child youth and family services, community legal services, migrant and refugee support services, local neighbourhood centres and more), public services (transport and water industries), and in the private sector (airlines, travel and IT).
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- share the values of the ASU.
- demonstrate commitment to Trade Union principles.
- represent members in workplace issues and grievances.
- have high levels of empathy, written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail.
- have the ability to work well under pressure.
- have the ability to meet deadlines.
- have the ability to get great outcomes for members.
- have a working understanding of relevant legislation and ability to become proficient in the regulatory framework of the social and community and disability services sector including the NDIS Code of Conduct.
- Readiness to participate in the union’s political and social justice agenda.
- Full time, 35 hours per week.
- $86,520 to $106,592 per annum dependent on skills and experience.
- Redfern or Penrith based – close to public transport. Note: there may be a requirement to work in other ASU offices from time to time.
- 11% superannuation.
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- 12 RDOs per year.
- 4 weeks annual leave plus Christmas shutdown leave.
- 6 months paid parental leave.
How to apply
Applications must include your current CV and a statement addressing the criteria above to ensure that you are considered for the role.
Please address your application to Angus McFarland, Branch Secretary, Australian Services Union, NSW & ACT (Services) Branch and email to email@example.com with "Industrial Officer Position" in the subject line by no later than 12:00pm on Monday 10 October 2022.
Please note that a Practising Certification is not required or provided for the position and that we are not able to offer Practical Legal Training.Apply online