The Australian Services Union (ASU) represents workers in local government, energy, community services, finance, call centres, airlines, legal and private sector administration.
A full time Industrial Officer position is available with the SA and NT Branch of the Union. The position will be based in Adelaide.
The successful applicant will contribute to the Union’s work by –
• assisting individual members and small groups of members with a range of industrial matters
• developing the ASU’s membership through their involvement in collectively resolving industrial issues
• preparing and running matters in the South Australian Employment Tribunal, Fair Work Commission, and other tribunals
• participating in industrial and technical research for workplace, industry and cross union campaigns
• negotiating collective agreements with ASU members.
Applicants will need to demonstrate –
• commitment to the Union movement
• experience and/or ability to research, prepare and run industrial cases before industrial tribunals and courts
• knowledge of current industrial relations systems and processes
• strong negotiation skills
• understanding of organising and campaign theory and techniques
• advocacy skills
• excellent communication skills
• ability to work to deadlines
• basic computer skills.
A current driver’s licence is required. A fully maintained Union vehicle is provided.
A position description with salary range can be obtained by contacting Pauline on 08 8363 1322 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications including names and contact details of three referees should be addressed to:
Abbie Spencer, Secretary Australian Services Union – SA + NT Branch
Email applications to: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 8 January 2020Apply online