PAYROLL AND FINANCE OFFICER – FULL TIME- FIXED TERM CONTRACT
The Australian Services Union Authorities & Services Branch covers Victoria and Tasmania. Our members hail from diverse industries including local government, social and community services, water, energy, transport, shipping, travel, info tech and - exclusive to Tasmania – airlines and clerical/administration.
We are growing membership and building strength through working with members in their workplaces, in their industries and within their professions.
Based in Carlton South, the Australian Services Union Victorian and Tasmanian Authorities and Services Branch is seeking to appoint a Payroll and Finance Officer to provide timely and accurate payroll support and to produce timely and accurate financial information and reports.
This position is a fixed term contract up to 12 months for a parental leave replacement.
To apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Abilities to set priorities and work independently
- Ability to perform work within specified timelines
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of management, staff and members
- Work well within a team environment
- Ability to adjust work practices to meet the needs of the union and its members
- High degree of professionalism, judgement and confidentiality
- Have knowledge of, or ability to learn and use systems and process currently in use by the branch and any further programs that may be installed in the future.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE
A high level of proficiency in Sage Micropay and ESS Payroll functionality
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- An ability to establish and maintain internal compliance controls in both Payroll and Finance functions
- The ability to document and initiate new controls if necessary whilst maintaining existing procedures and controls
Salary range is $62.5k-$68.2k commensurate with experience.
The successful applicant will need to enjoy working as part of a team and support the principles of trade unionism.
Applications close Friday 14 December at 5:00pm.
Further information: Rachel Acton, Executive Assistant Tel: 9342 3400
Applications should be addressed to Rachel Acton, Executive Assistant and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or via post: PO Box 37 Carlton South, 3053 (116 Queensberry Street, Carlton South)Apply online