INDUSTRIAL ORGANISER - THE AUSTRALIAN WORKERS’ UNION
The Australian Workers’ Union (AWU) is the nation’s oldest and most influential trade Union, representing over 70,000 working Australians. We are also Australia's most diverse Union, representing workers across a wide range of industries.
The AWU NSW Branch is currently looking for an Industrial Organiser to join our NSW Branch Metro team. This position will be located at our NSW Branch Head Office, in Granville.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can:
- Structure organising conversations in order to recruit, move members to action and articulate union values
- Recruit new members whilst servicing current AWU members
- Create and work to organising plans
- Negotiate enterprise agreements
- Recognise and develop workplace delegates
- Visit work sites and identifying new worksites
- Assist members with grievances and enquires
- Participate in workplace campaigns
- Represent the AWU and its members at the Fair Work Commission
- Work with OHS Delegates to ensure all workplaces are safe
Selection Criteria (Essential and Desirable):
- You have proven record or a good understanding of running campaigns and organising members in a Union or Not for Profit Sector.
- You are willing to learn new approaches and have fresh ideas, you have a positive attitude and are a team player.
- Experienced in the use of Office 365 and CRM Databases and
- Ability to foster effective working relationships
- Knowledge of the Trade Union Movement and the Fair Work Act
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Full Drivers Licence
- Full-time position located at Granville NSW
- Attractive Salary and other generous conditions as part of the New South Wales Branch’s collective conditions of employment
- Travel throughout NSW will be required
How to Apply
Applicants should provide their CV and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria above and send their application addressed to Mark Fagan, National and NSW Operations via firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries regarding the position should also be directed to the above email address.
Applications Close: COB Friday,8 July 2022Apply online