Training and Education Officer
Work Type/s: Full Time, Part Time
Applications close: 24th May 2019
The Australian Workers' Union (AWU) is the nation's oldest and largest blue-collar trade union representing over 70,000 working Australians. Our union stands up for working families by ensuring that our members get the pay, conditions, safety and respect that they deserve.
We are a diverse union representing workers in a range of industries including manufacturing, steel, aluminium, glass, oil & gas, aviation, agriculture, construction, state public services, local government, health, food, resources, aquaculture, and events.
The AWU Victorian Branch is currently seeking a Training and Education Officer to join our great team. The role may be full time or part-time subject to the successful candidate’s preference.
About the role
Based in our Melbourne office, this role will include:
- Delivering onsite and offsite training to educate and empower Delegates, Health and safety representatives (HSRs), and general AWU members.
- Developing training modules and materials and ensuring that they remain current.
- Assisting in the development of a year-long training program.
- Liaising with officials and staff to ensure that courses are full and that Delegates/HSRs are up-to-date with their training needs.
- Ensuring the training provided by the AWU complies with government legislation.
- Overseeing internal official and staff training requirements.
- Managing the overall training department and associated staff.
- Assisting with event and campaign planning.
Key Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A commitment to union values and principles.
- A strong understanding of the Fair Work Act.
- A solid, detailed understanding of the Victorian OHS Act 2004.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher.
- At least two years of employment in a role for where OHS was either a full-time responsibility or was a major part of that role.
- A relevant experience in delivering training in an adult learning environment.
- Strong planning, time management and organisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A current driver's licence.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior experience in a Union (desired).
- Fluency in a language other than English (desired).
The Australian Workers’ Union is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated including a fully maintained vehicle and other generous conditions.
For further information, please contact Michael Stevenson on 03 8327 0888, or email@example.com.
How to apply for this job
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV to Michael Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Training and Education Officer’.
Applications close: COB on Friday, 24 May 2019.Apply online