Regional Organiser - North East Victoria
The Australian Workers' Union - Victorian Branch
The Australian Workers’ Union (AWU) is the nation’s oldest and most influential trade Union, representing over 70,000 working Australians. We are also Australia's most diverse Union, representing workers across a wide range of industries.
The AWU Victorian Branch is currently seeking a full-time, permanent Organiser to assist members in gaining and exercising power in their workplaces, industries and communities.
This is a really important role for our Union and you will be working as part of a great team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in our Wangaratta office, this role will include:
- Developing and implementing workplace plans to grow union membership, strength, and activism
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the negotiation of enterprise agreements to ensure improved wages and conditions for members
- Recognising and developing workplace delegates and activists
- Collaborating with health and safety representatives (HSRs) to ensure workplaces are safe
- Assisting members with grievances and enquires
- Working with delegates, activists, and other AWU officials and organisers to implement industry and union-wide campaigns
- Representing the AWU and its members at the Fair Work Commission
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:
- Good knowledge of Union operations
- Previous experience as an Organiser, delegate or workplace activist
- Commitment to Union values and principles
- A strong understanding of the Fair Work Act
- Demonstrated experience in campaigning
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- An ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- A current driver's licence
- Capacity to obtain and hold a Right of Entry Permit
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate including a fully maintained vehicle and other generous conditions.
Any queries regarding the position should also be directed to Michael Stevenson via firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: North East Organiser enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applications must be received by close of business 5 December 2020. Applicants should send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.comApply online