Position Title: Field Organiser
Position Location: Darwin, NT
Employment Status: Full Time, Ongoing (subject to probation)
Classification and Salary range:
- Organiser Level 1 - 2, $74,984 - $97,713 per annum (includes Organiser Expense Allowance paid as salary) + 15.4% superannuation
- Darwin Remote Localities Allowance of $5,941 per annum is also payable on a fortnightly basis
Conditions of employment:
- Flexible work practices and access to accrued days off
- Best practice leave provisions including paid primary carer leave (26 weeks) and supporting partner leave (six weeks); and paid family violence leave (20 days pro rata per annum, non-cumulative)
- Employer super contributions on paid or unpaid parental leave for a period equal to a maximum of 52 weeks
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- A strong commitment to training and development
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrificing
Position reports to: Regional Secretary
Positions reporting to this position are: Nil
Community and Public Sector Union - CPSU (PSU Group)
The CPSU (PSU Group) is one of Australia’s most active and innovative trade unions, with over 50,000 members nationally. CPSU members work in the Australian Public Service, the ACT and NT governments, and a number of community and private sector areas. The CPSU supports a strong, independent public sector and the essential services it provides to the community. We believe every worker deserves dignity and respect, a safe workplace, decent pay and conditions, rights at work and a balanced working life.
As an employer we offer family friendly conditions and leave entitlements, 15.4% superannuation, and access to health and wellbeing initiatives. Our friendly staff are passionate about the work they do and committed to union values, helping others, and making a positive contribution to society. Working with the CPSU means you will work side by side with other union members to make our workplaces and communities fairer.
Overview of Position
The primary function of this role is to develop and implement effective campaigns and strategies to assist members to bring about positive change in their workplaces.
There is a strong emphasis on recruiting members and developing members, delegates and workplace leaders.
The position is focused on meeting key union objectives of:
- helping members achieve fairness at work, job security, and the best possible pay and decent conditions
- being a union that most employees want to join
- promoting our members’ issues in the public and political arena
Is this you?
- A passion for social justice and community campaigning or experience with progressive organisations or social justice causes
- An ability and confidence to inspire, engage, develop and lead people to take action through positive conversations
- An understanding that your work will always focus on recruitment and retention and growing our Union
- A strong eagerness to work with people from diverse backgrounds to make a difference
The CPSU will provide support and development to the successful applicant.
(required skills, knowledge & ability)
- A commitment to union values and principles, helping others and making a contribution to society.
- High level verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and organise, build relationships, motivate and develop individuals or groups.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and organise work and achieve outcomes.
- Ability to work semi-autonomously, demonstrate initiative, drive and resilience in a changing environment.
- Well-developed written communication skills.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Experience working in sales or membership recruitment, with a strong focus on meeting recruitment objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to develop and implement successful sales/recruitment strategies.
Please submit your application by COB Friday, 22 February 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
You must complete the on-line Employment Application Questionnaire and address the Selection Criteria to be considered for this position.
Please visit our website at https://cpsu.wufoo.com/forms/cpsu-employment-application/ to access the Employment Application Questionnaire.
Confidential enquiries about the role: Kay Densley, Regional Secretary Phone: 08 8982 8500, Mobile: 0402 182 003 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries only: Ines Lucic, Acting HR Support email@example.com
The CPSU is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for position. Selection is merit based. Part time employment opportunities may be considered where suitable.Apply online