Work type: Full time
Classification: Industrial Officer
Sector: Not For Profit (NFP), Union.
Location: Mascot, NSW
Salary: 95k plus super
Our Organisation: The FAAA (Flight Attendants’ Association of Australia) is a boutique union servicing International and domestic cabin crew from all Australian airlines. Our team promotes, protects and defends our members industrially and provides real time support and advice. Our membership is one of the fastest growing of unions in Australia. With growth, we require another high performing industrial officer to join our small team. We operate as a diverse inclusive organization in our offices close to public transport and Sydney’s domestic airport in Mascot, NSW.
As our Industrial officer you will:
- Develop and coordinate delegates and delegate networks
- Support or lead Delegate preparations for enterprise bargaining and support or lead negotiations.
- Support or lead preparations and negotiations for industrial claims and disputes
- Prepare communication for members including newsletters, bulletins and magazine articles on relevant industrial issues
- Interpret industrial agreements and give advice to FAAA representatives and members where necessary on industrial matters
- Coordinate and attend consultative meetings and other industrial meetings with airline management in conjunction with union delegates
- Represent individual members in grievances
- Monitor and report to the Association on industrial trends and employers' policies and practices
- Monitor and advise the organisation on government industrial policies and legislation which will affect the FAAA and its membership
- Have knowledge about ROC and FWC governance requirements (desirable).
The Position requirements for this role are:
- A strong commitment to union values and trade unions
- Well-developed research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and competence in the application of the federal legislative environment
- Ability to prepare and articulate a position formally at a tribunal, court, mediation or meeting
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Unison membership database or other organisational database (desirable)Union growth or campaigns experience (highly desirable)
Please send cover letter and CV to Bruce Roberts – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered upon receipt and closed when the position is filled.Apply online