The Finance Sector Union is the union for one of the biggest and fastest growing industries in Australia. Our Union is the voice of workers at the pointy end of capitalism. We organise across Australia’s biggest banks as well as insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. Over the past year the FSU has played a key role in bringing about real change and improvements for finance industry workers as well as the broader community.
This year we plan to step up our important campaign work and are seeking a capable and driven Organiser to play a key role.
Reporting to the Local Executive Secretary, the Organiser will be responsible for building worker power in a team environment through recruiting workers to the Union and developing sustainable activist structures. The successful applicant will be based in Melbourne and will be required to work to innovative campaign plans connected to relevant enterprises, local workplaces and the broader industry.
- An extreme passion for social justice and fighting the machine
- An understanding that your work will always be focused and centred around building power for workers
- Independent, resilient, and takes initiative go-getter who is always a team player
- Energy and enthusiasm that you can lead with and follow
- Someone with leadership qualities who can instil leadership in others and hand over the reigns
- Eagerness to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice
- Experience working or organising in other progressive organisations or social justice causes
- Ability to inspire people to take action through conversations
- Ability to identify and develop leaders
- Strong planning, time-management and strategic-thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to do whatever it takes to fight and win (some long hours, evening work and weekend work may be required)
- Driver’s licence
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of colour, Indigenous and LGBTIQ folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
As stipulated in the FSU Staff agreement 2016 the salary shall be set at tier 1 of the Organiser pay scale, currently $67,900 per annum with 1 RDO per month. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For further information, contact Veronica Ilias on (03) 9261 5334 or email@example.com
Director of Organising
Finance Sector Union of Australia
GPO Box 2829
Melbourne Vic 3001
Wednesday, 31 January 2018Apply online