Position: Lead Advocate
Organisation: Finance Sector Union
The Finance Sector Union is the union for one of the biggest and fastest growing industries in Australia. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. We play a vital role of empowering our members to work together and campaign to secure dignity and respect at work. Our members fight for and deliver improved working entitlements in an evolving industry.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Victoria/Tasmania Branch based in Melbourne for a Lead Advocate.
Reporting to the Local Executive Secretary the Lead Advocate will be responsible for leading, developing and coaching a team of advocates. The successful applicant will be required to effectively lead and co-ordinate their team and is responsible for ensuring their team provides members with high quality advice and support in disputes, including representing members to management and negotiating solutions to problems.
Essential experience and qualifications
- Extensive work experience in a trade union or similar not for profit organisation.
- Demonstrated experience appearing before the Fair Work Commission and an understanding of issues facing the finance industry.
- Extensive experience in representing members in negotiation and conflict resolution with employers as required
- Excellent time management and personal organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, mentor and develop others.
- Provide accurate information and/or advice to members on industrial rights and entitlements.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning and the ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience representing employees with workplace grievances’
- Knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues and practices
Applications must address all the above selection criteria.
Previous applicants need not apply.
As stipulated in the FSU Staff agreement 2016 the salary shall be set at tier 1 of the Lead Advocate pay scale, currently $90,425 per annum with 1 RDO per month. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
The Finance Sector Union is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, contact Jason Hall on (08) 8229 6543 or email@example.com
Local Executive Secretary
GPO Box 9893
Adelaide, SA 5001
Closing date: 5pm Friday, 20 September 2019Apply online