The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 45,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
The HSU has an exciting position available as Payroll Officer and its available now or for a January 2021 start.
The HSU offers a collaborative environment which focuses on teamwork, empowerment, innovation, integrity, and accountability.
As a Payroll Officer you will be proactive and agile as you manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The responsibilities of the role are as below but not limited to:
• Weekly payroll processing for all staff
• Reconciliation of leave applications and follow up outstanding
• Processing of staff timesheets and follow up outstanding
• PAYG paid to the ATO weekly
• End of month and end of year payroll reporting and monthly/yearly system rollovers
• Monthly payroll tax calculations and yearly reconciliation for NSW & ACT & QLD
• Monthly employee superannuation processing and payments
• Liaise with management and staff regarding payroll queries
• Assist with the administration of the employee portal ConnX system
• Experience in payroll processing and reporting
• Experience in the Sage Micropay payroll system is essential
• Experience in ConnX would be highly regarded
• Experience in general ledger data entry would be highly regarded
• Deadline oriented and results focused
• Excellent communication and customer service skills and the demonstrated ability to apply initiative and to problem solve
• Excellent knowledge and high proficiency with current office technology and equipment including computer packages such as the Microsoft Office Suite
• At least 5 years’ experience working within a similar role
This position is offered as a Full time Permanent but for the right person Part time Permanent can be discussed. The base salary is $88,086 p.a + Superannuation and other great benefits.
If interested, please forward your resume and cover letter in word to: email@example.com, or contact us for a copy of the position description.
Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include National Criminal Records and National Police Background Checks.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING UNSOLICITED APPLICATIONS FROM AGENCIES.Apply online