The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 45,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
The Health Services Union offers a collaborative environment which focuses on teamwork, empowerment, innovation, integrity, and accountability.
As a Procurement, Fleet and Claims Officer you will be proactive, agile and be able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and planning skills as you manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The responsibilities of the role are as below but not limited to:
• Distribution and purchase of merchandise, campaign and marketing materials
• Assist with stocktake of items throughout the business
• Maintain the purchase order system and assist staff in their use of the system
Motor vehicle fleet management
• Arrange and/or co-ordinate; car repairs, accident reporting, car replacements, purchases of new vehicles and fleet disposals.
• Liaise with insurers on motor vehicle claims
• Co-ordinate quarterly driver inspection reports from staff and follow up any issues
Member claims management
• Processing of member insurance claims including bereavement claims, ambulance claims, journey claims, professional indemnity claims and wellbeing claims.
• Liaise with insurance broker on HSU insurance policies and claims
• Respond to enquires from other HSU team members
Essential Experience and/or Qualifications
• Excellent communication and customer service skills and the demonstrated ability to apply initiative and to problem solve
• Excellent organisational skills and time management
• Ability to work as a team member
• Excellent knowledge and high proficiency with current office technology and equipment such as the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
This position is offered as a Full time Permanent but for the right person Part time Permanent can be discussed. The base salary is $82,000 + Superannuation and other great benefits.
If interested, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 22 January 2021
Relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include National Criminal Records and National Police Background Checks.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING UNSOLICITED APPLICATIONS FROM AGENCIES.