ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT - HSU NSW/ACT/QLD
The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 45,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
About the role:
Reporting to the Deputy Manager, Finance the primary focus of this role is to support the business with the day-to-day accounting functions. This full-time position is a diverse and challenging role which offers direct hands-on accounting functions. Standard office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. This position is based at the HSU office in CBD Sydney.
Remuneration $78,797.00 per annum plus superannuation and other generous benefits.
- Accounts payable and weekly creditor payment runs.
- Processing and reconciliation of staff expenses & credit card transactions
- Assisting with financial transactions and monthly reconciliations
- Reconciliation of memberships fees received with the CRM program.
- Cashflow analysis and reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Have active involvement with systems / process improvement and ad-hoc projects.
- Strong work ethic
- Competent in MYOB & Excel
- Strong accounting conceptual abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise workload & organise competing deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with other teams & Branches.
- Can work with limited supervision.
To apply, email your application to email@example.com using the subject line: Assistant Accountant by COB 17 May 2021.
Please note that due to the expected volume of responses; only short-listed candidates will be contacted in relation to their applications.Apply online