About the Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance
The Media Entertainment & Arts Alliance is the professional organisation and trade union for the media, entertainment and arts industries. We have over 15000 members across media, communications and the performing arts.
Building on our proud history we aim to empower the people who inform and entertain Australia through:
- Protect & advance our rights at work
- Build Power
- Build Community
- Shape our Industries
- Provide Services that our members and potential members value
Our Locations and Staffing
The MEAA national and NSW office is in Redfern in Sydney.
There are branch offices located in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland.
The MEAA represents its members who are based throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Do you believe that a free press matters to a strong civil society? Are you passionate about gender equality at work? Do you want all media professionals to have good jobs with fair pay where their work is respected?
Apply to work for MEAA. This role works as a part of a team committed to developing innovative ways to secure good jobs and equality at work by building leaders and acting together to make change.
You do not need to have worked for a union previously. This role would suit a community or campaigns organiser keen to work on issues of economic justice.
Key duties include:
- Recruiting and maintaining members to participate in our campaigns for good jobs
- Building union structures within our workplaces
- Training and skills transfer to delegates and leaders
- Assist with negotiations for enterprise agreements
- Providing advocacy where appropriate, negotiation and representation in the workplace or at conciliation conference on matters of pay and conditions, conflict resolution and other matters as appropriate
- Recruitment, conversation and leader development skills
- Advocacy, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Strategy, planning and structured organising skills
- Industrial relations experience, including working knowledge of agreements, awards and contract interpretation
- Strong communication skills and ability to play a leadership role among members and leaders
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to trade union principles and workers’ rights.
Remuneration will be $65 000 to $80 000 depending on skills and experience.
Applications close on 19th May. Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter marked attention to Allison Purdy at firstname.lastname@example.org