INDUSTRIAL OFFICER – POLICE ASSOCIATION OF NSW
The Police Association of NSW is a trade union representing over 17,000 current serving Police Officers in NSW in addition to retired Associate members. The Industrial Division of the Association provides industrial advice to its members and is looking for an Industrial Officer to join its team. This position is a 35 hour/wk full time position with flexibility to work from home as well as office based requirements in the Sydney CBD. The role does require some travel.
- Provide members with verbal and written advice on all aspects of the employment relationship including pay rates, disciplinary matters, performance management, Award entitlements and conditions, workers compensation, superannuation and workplace health and safety.
- Assist in the development and modification of policies, guidelines and training materials.
- Interpret and recommend the correct course of action on employment issues and providing advice on the relevant Award and legislation affecting police officers.
- Negotiate outcomes to disputes or workplaces difficulties on behalf of the membership with the NSW Police or other appropriate organisations
- Draft applications for submission to the NSW Police or for lodgement before the Industrial Relations Commission
- Develop arguments in support of claims and disputes being negotiated or arbitrated
- Present cases before the Industrial Relations Commission, including obtaining evidence and statements from witnesses
- Organising union members, delivering training on the principles of trade unionism, political lobbying and campaign preparation.
- Running focus groups and delivering presentations at conferences.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in the preparation of and advocacy of cases in the Industrial Relations Commission or related tribunals
- Qualifications in Industrial relations, Human resources or law would be advantageous
- Proven negotiation and advocacy skills
- Have strong knowledge of the Industrial Relations Act and specific legislation relating to policing and public sector employees
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience and background in the field of industrial relations, human resources, trade union or policing industries would be an advantage.
Salary and conditions of employment are provided for in the Police Association Salaried Officers Enterprise Agreement 2014.
For a copy of the position description and salary information please contact Kirsty Membreno, Assistant Secretary Industrial on email@example.com or 9265 6777.
Application close COB Friday 24 June 2022Apply online