Professionals Australia is a trade union which represents the industrial, professional and legal interests of Engineers, Scientists, Managers, Pharmacists and other professionals.
We are growing in membership and building strength through working with members in their workplaces, in their industries and within their professions.
We aim to make a positive difference to our members’ working and professional lives and we promote recognition of members for the important professional services they provide. We work in a targeted, planned way to deliver results for Australian Professionals.
This role is within the Victorian state office of Professionals Australia. The role involves working with a Lead Organiser and being part of an organising team. You will also be working with members and workplace leaders to plan and implement campaigns that build the strength of the union and deliver good industrial outcomes. The role will include mapping, creating and working to organising plans, bargaining enterprise agreements, developing workplace leaders, building sustainable organising structures and recruiting new members.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated commitment to trade union values
- Previous experience working as an Organiser in the union movement
- Works well within a team
- Excellent communication skills including the use of organising frameworks
- Recruitment and retention of new and existing members
- Well developed skills in working with and influencing members and potential members; including the development of workplace activists and leaders
- Demonstrated planning skills including the ability to prioritise work
- Knowledge of the Fair Work Act, National Employment Standards, collective bargaining and individual industrial instruments
- Computer literacy
- Current driver’s license
- Digital campaigning experience
Salary dependent on skills and experience
The successful applicant will need to enjoy working in a structured way and as part of a team supporting the principles of trade unionism
Applications to include:
Resume and cover letter which addresses the key selection criteria.
Send applications to:
Sharelle Herrington, Victorian Director
Applications close 5pm, Friday the 2nd of February.
For further information contact:
Victorian State Office Director
Level 1, 163 Eastern Rd,
South Melbourne 3205
Phone 03 9695 8971