The Public Service Association (PSA) is the principal trade union representing Public Sector workers in South Australia, and is dedicated to pursuing the interests of its members through strong, effective leadership and community advocacy.
We are seeking an Industrial Officer to join the Industrial Team of the PSA. The successful candidate will be involved in advocacy, representation and negotiation; providing individual support for members; and high level industrial advice to support the work of the organising team. The role requires industrial knowledge and nous, an ability to take the initiative, and a strong desire to achieve positive outcomes for union members.
Experience working in industrial relations in a union environment will be highly regarded.
This is a full-time ongoing position based in the Adelaide CBD, however the PSA is willing to consider part-time options.
Commencement salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
What we are looking for:
- A high performer with a commitment to union values
- Passion for advocacy and member support
- A knowledge and understanding of SA industrial relations legislation and industrial instruments relevant to the SA Public Sector or a demonstrated capacity to acquire that knowledge quickly
- Awareness of SA public sector structure and policies
- Ability to represent the organisation's vision
- A positive and flexible team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Current SA driver's licence and willingness to drive PSA fleet vehicles is desirable
How to apply: Submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria, outlining your suitability for the position, and providing contact details for at least two referees to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 11pm Sunday 3 July 2022.
For a copy of the job and person specification please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about this position please contact PSA Manager Policy and Strategy, Austin White, email@example.com