The Public Service Association (PSA) is the principal trade union representing Public Sector workers in South Australia and is dedicated to pursuing the interests of its members through strong, effective leadership and community advocacy.
We are seeking two energetic and focused Organisers to join our Organising Team at the PSA. The successful candidates will be involved in membership growth; worksite organising; and developing and supporting PSA Worksite Representatives. The role requires an ability to demonstrate initiative and a strong desire to achieve positive
outcomes for members.
These are full time, ongoing positions based in the Adelaide CBD. Commencement salaries will be negotiated with the successful applicants.
What we are looking for:
• High performers who have a commitment to union values
• Passion for organising, membership growth, and developing representative structures
• Inspired to build workplace activism and leadership
• Ability to work with members and Worksite Representatives to resolve workplace issues collectively
• Ability to represent the organisation's vision
• An understanding of SA industrial relations legislation
• Previous experience as a public sector union organiser will be highly regarded
• Awareness of public sector policies (desirable)
• A positive and flexible team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Current SA drivers licence and willingness to drive PSA fleet vehicles
How to apply: Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, and providing contact details for at least two referees to email@example.com
Applications close 11pm Sunday 3 July 2022.
For a copy of the Job and Person specification for these positions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries about the positions to: Eduardo Gonzalez, Acting PSA Team Leader Organising email@example.com. auApply online