- Permanent full-time position
- Proud not-for-profit, values-based union located in West End
- Competitive salary of $130,173.52 + 15% super with excellent benefits
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 65,000 members. We have over 180 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Campaign Manager to join our Campaigning and Communications team on a permanent full-time basis. In this position you will report to the Director, Campaigning and Communications and be primarily responsible for coordinating the work of the Growth and Campaigns Team in whose primary purpose is to recruit, retain and mobilise members.
This will involve coordinating day to day team operations, prioritising workflow, maximising outcomes through effective allocation of team resources and providing direction, guidance, support and coaching to team members. The Campaign Manager has a leadership role in the professional work performed by the team and undertakes operational work in support of team objectives.
In addition, the Campaign Manager develops and implements major campaigns and lobbying activity in collaboration with other internal stakeholders and undertakes other expert work as required.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:-
- Previous experience in a similar role or industry and/or tertiary qualifications in relevant fields such as Communications, Politics and Policy and or Political Science;
- Demonstrated experience leading and coordinating the work of a diverse team;
- Experience in coordinating campaigns and activities aimed at growing power and capacity;
- High-level organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- High level interpersonal skills and a proven ability to lead employees in a collegiate and professional work environment, and to motivate teams to produce high quality work;
- Problem solving skills and the ability to align resources with organisational priorities and objectives;
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills coupled with high level interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to QNMU’s values, purpose and trade unionism in general;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and take a collaborative approach to work;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, establish priorities, use initiative and be proactive in raising and dealing with issues.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care. The role offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Professional development;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider; and
- Generous leave entitlements.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor to email@example.com. Applications should clearly address how you demonstrate the skills and experience to meet the requirements outlined in the “About You” section above.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with a QNMU team member, please contact Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor on 07 3840 1480.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 26 January 2021