- Permanent full-time position in a proud not-for-profit organisation
- Be part of the Senior Leadership team
- Great West End location with competitive salary & benefits
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 60,000 members. We have over 160 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Role
Reporting to the QNMU Secretary, the core focus of the Director, People, Strategy and Research role is to lead and coordinate the operations of the People, Strategy and Research functional area and to provide strategic advice on matters across the full range of activities. The position provides professional guidance and support to members of their team and develops group strategic and operational plans to ensure the objectives of the organisation are well supported by the team. The Director, People, Strategy and Research is also a content expert, providing advice and assistance to professional and administrative employees within the Group on employee relations, industrial relations and policy matters.
The role is a member of the senior leadership team and significantly contributes to the strategic directions and priorities of the QNMU, as well as assisting to develop plans and programs, including transformational activism across all aspects of QNMU’s operations.
Working with the relevant internal stakeholders and as part of a cohesive team, you will have a professional approach, with the confidence to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in strategy, management, employee relations, or another related field;
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement and evaluate strategic and operational plans;
- Extensive experience in strategic planning and execution, the development of systems to monitor organisational performance and the ability to work well with senior colleagues;
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high-level industrial relations advice, including experience negotiating enterprise agreements;
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Highly developed knowledge of the healthcare and union environment;
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, including direct staff supervision;
- Demonstrated experience analysing and improving people management functions and processes;
- Experience in change management, organisational development and workforce planning;
- High level interpersonal skills and a proven ability to manage employees in a collegiate and professional work environment, and to motivate teams to produce high quality work;
- Demonstrated ability to research, critically analyse, evaluate and reach sound conclusions and provide viable options;
- Advanced written and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to trade unionism;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and take a collaborative approach;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, establish priorities, use initiative and be proactive in raising and dealing with issues.
- Post graduate qualifications in leadership, strategy, industrial relations or similar;
- Project Management qualification or relevant experience.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values’ driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care. The role offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including: -
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider;
- A commitment to professional development; and
- Generous leave entitlements
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor to email@example.com. Applications should clearly address how you demonstrate the skills and experience to meet the requirements outlined in the “About You” section above.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with a QNMU team member, please contact Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor on 07 3099 3251.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Applications close 4pm Wednesday, 20 November 2019.Apply online