Education and Development Coordinator
- Permanent full-time position
- Proud not-for-profit organisation
- Based in Brisbane with competitive salary & benefits
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 62,000 members. We have over 170 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Education and Development Coordinator to join our Education team on a permanent full-time basis. In this position you will report to the Director, Campaigning and Communications and be primarily responsible for coordinating the strategic development of member education. This includes the development and delivery of high-quality evidence-based education programs across a range of delivery channels to support the lifelong learning needs and objectives of QNMU members.
In addition to this, the Education and Development Coordinator is responsible for managing the Education team, including prioritising workflow, maximising outcomes through effective allocation of team resources and providing direction, guidance, support and coaching to team members as well as undertaking operational work in support of team objectives.
This position will also lead the expansion of Continuing Professional Development (CPD), activism training and education programs to ensure they are consistent with the principles of transformational activism.
The Education and Development Coordinator will build partnerships and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders as well as develop business opportunities to deliver education packages in addition to the in-house program.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience leading and coordinating the work of a diverse team in a collegiate and professional work environment, and to motivate teams to produce high quality work;
- Education or training qualification from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Registration with AHPRA and previous experience as a Registered Nurse or Midwife would be advantageous;
- Knowledge and experience in CPD learning pedagogy, design, digital platforms and implementation of CPD learning programs;
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of CPD and regulatory requirements for members to work effectively in a changing health system;
- High-level understanding of the principles and objectives of adult learning, competency development frameworks and program management skills including budgets and the ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously;
- Problem solving skills and the ability to align resources with organisational priorities and objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and contribute to strategic planning and policy design;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills coupled with high-level interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, individuals and groups in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and take a collaborative approach to work;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, establish priorities, use initiative and be proactive in raising and dealing with issues; and
- An ability to travel away from home for up to five nights at a time and a current driver’s license is required.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care. The role offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Professional development;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider; and
- Generous leave entitlements
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor to email@example.com. Applications should clearly address how you demonstrate the skills and experience to meet the requirements outlined in the “About You” section above.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with a QNMU team member, please contact Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor on 07 3099 3251.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Closing date: 4pm, Wednesday 8th July 2020