Employee Relations Advisor
- Permanent Full-time position
- Proud not-for-profit, values-based union located in West End
- Competitive salary of $104,801.57 + 15% super with excellent benefits
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 65,000 members. We have over 180 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Employee Relations/Human Resource Advisor with extensive business partnering experience. In this position you will report to the Employee Relations Supervisor and be responsible for conducting activities within a full generalist role. The primary focus of the position is to partner with internal stakeholders to assist them to achieve on their people and performance measures reflecting the full employment life cycle. Activities may include but not limited to, the coordination of end to end recruitment activities, developing and reviewing organisational policies and procedures and the provision of advice, guidance and support to Team Leaders/Supervisors and employees.
To be successful in this position you will: -
- have relevant undergraduate tertiary qualifications in human resources or employee relations with a minimum of five years industry experience in a complex organisation;
- have demonstrated experience interpreting and applying enterprise agreements and awards;
- have extensive experience in a business partnering role and be conversant in the contemporaneous practices associated with all aspects of the employee life cycle including recruitment, onboarding, workers compensation and injury management, performance and discipline;
- be conversant in the establishment and maintenance of cloud based human resource information systems (HRIS), including the administration of learning and performance modules contained therein and capacity to extract and interpret data; and
- have high-level written and oral communication and presentation skills.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care. The role offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including annual vaccinations;
- Professional development;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider; and
- Generous leave entitlements.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Deanne Forrestal, Employee Relations Supervisor to email@example.com. Applications should clearly address how you demonstrate the skills and experience to meet the requirements outlined in the “About You” section above.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with a QNMU team member, please contact Deanne Forrestal, Employee Relations Supervisor on 07 3840 1427.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 1March2021