Marketing and Member Engagement Officer
- Permanent full-time position
- Proud not-for-profit organisation
- Based in Brisbane with competitive salary & benefits
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 60,000 members. We have over 160 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Marketing and Member Engagement Officer. In this position, you will report to the Senior Communications Officer and be responsible for promoting and enhancing the QNMU’s brand and positioning among members, potential members and across the community in order to grow our power and capacity.
You will achieve this by developing and implementing data-driven marketing campaigns, strategies and plans which increase membership numbers and levels of engagement.
You will also be responsible for coordinating QNMU’s online community platform in order to deepen engagement and connection with members.
As a member of the communications team you will have a hands-on role undertaking a range of communications-related tasks.
Working with the relevant internal and external stakeholders and as part of a cohesive team, you will have a professional approach, with the confidence to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing, Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, Communications or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate digital marketing and production projects with competing priorities;
- A strong understanding of community management best practices;
- Working knowledge of SEO, Website analytics, CRM data management;
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to QNMU’s values, purpose and trade unionism in general;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and take a collaborative approach to work; and
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, establish priorities, use initiative and be proactive in raising and dealing with issues.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care. The role offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider;
- A commitment to professional development; and
- Generous leave entitlements
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor to email@example.com. Applications should clearly address how you demonstrate the skills and experience to meet the requirements outlined in the “About You” section above.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with a QNMU team member, please contact Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor on 07 3099 3251.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Applications close 4pm, Wednesday 20th November 2019.Apply online