- Permanent full-time position
- Proud not-for-profit organisation
- Based in Cairns or Townsville with competitive salary & benefits
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 59,000 members. We have over 150 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Role
A Regional Member Servicing Officer is required on a permanent, full-time basis to join either our Cairns or Townsville office. Working collaboratively with the Regional Team Leader, the Regional Member Servicing Officer provides advice and representation to individual members or a group of members as required. In this hands-on, proactive role your key accountabilities will see you:
- Protecting, defending and advancing members’ industrial interests in the workplace
- Provide professional and effective preparation and representation of members before their employers; and
- Provide support and advice to delegates to enable them to effectively support members with local issues.
Working with the relevant internal stakeholders and as part of a cohesive team, you will have a professional approach, with the confidence to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Nursing qualifications and experience as a nurse or midwife in health or aged care is preferred but not mandatory
- Qualifications in Industrial Relations, Law or other relevant discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in a legal, industrial or related role providing employment representation;
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of state and federal industrial relations legislation;
- Sound negotiation skills;
- Solutions focussed case management skills;
- An ability to distil relevant industrial issues in a broad and complex context;
- An ability to acquire knowledge of the industrial interests of nurses and midwives;
- Qualifications and experience as a nurse or midwife preferred but not mandatory
- Demonstrated commitment to QNMU’s values, purpose and trade unionism in general; and
- High-level written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Travel in and around the Cairns or Townsville region is a requirement of the job and as such, an open, clean QLD driver’s licence is essential and an ability to travel away from home for up to five nights at a time.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care, offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider;
- A commitment to professional development; and
- Generous leave entitlements
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Rebecca Stoodley, Human Resources Advisor to email@example.com Applications should clearly address how you meet the “About You” section outlined in the above advertisement.
For any questions in relation to this position, please contact Rebecca Stoodley, Human Resources Advisor on 07 3099 3251.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Applications close COB Tuesday 22nd January 2019Apply online