- Temporary full-time position until early September 2020
- Proud not-for-profit organisation
- Based in Brisbane with competitive salary & benefits
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 60,000 members. We have over 160 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Research and Policy Officer to join our Member and Specialist Services team on a temporary full-time basis until early September 2020. In this role you will provide support to the Senior Research and Policy Officer through the provision of high-quality research and analysis to develop QNMU policy initiatives which support the QNMU’s strategic and operational objectives.
In this diverse role, your key accountabilities will see you:
- Researching and writing submissions;
- Preparing reports and briefing papers for Council review;
- Advising QNMU employees on research and policy matters;
- Providing ongoing and current information and data relevant to nursing, midwifery, industrial relations and other areas to inform QNMU submissions, policies and papers; and
- Maintaining a consistent, current framework for QNMU policy statements and submissions and coordinate regular review procedures to ensure the currency and integrity of documents.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A relevant tertiary qualification preferably with an independent postgraduate research component;
- Prior experience in Nursing, Industrial Relations, Politics or a related field (highly regarded);
- Ability to research and write policies and submissions, reports, briefing papers, and other material;
- Well-developed skills and demonstrated ability to research, critically analyse, evaluate and provide viable options for the purposes of advising QNMU officials and the Council;
- High-level written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to identify and report on emerging issues of significance to the union;
- Demonstrated commitment to QNMU’s values, purpose and trade unionism in general;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member and take a collaborative approach to work; and a
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, establish priorities, use initiative and be proactive in raising and dealing with issues.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care, offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider; and
- Generous leave entitlements.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor to email@example.com. Applications should clearly address how you demonstrate the skills and experience to meet the requirements outlined in the “About You” section above.
For any questions in relation to this position, please contact Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor on 07 3099 3251.
For further information about the QNMU, head to our website www.qnmu.org.au
“The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment”. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit”.
Applications close 4pm Friday 16th August 2019.Apply online