INDUSTRIAL CAMPAIGN ORGANISER – RTBU NSW BRANCH
Overview: The Rail Tram and Bus Union, NSW Branch represents workers employed in the Rail, Tram and Bus Industry in NSW and the ACT. We are seeking an experienced organiser to work across the Union’s membership on priority industrial campaigns and organising projects.
This is not your typical organiser role, and no day will be the same as you leverage the power of a high density and democratic union to win big for the members we represent.
The Industrial Campaign Organiser will work autonomously under the direction of the Director of Organising, and with the support of the Campaign Director.
The position will be based at the RTBU’s Sydney office with regular travel required. The position will be for a fixed term for 12 months initially but may be extended beyond that period.
In your new role you will:
- Recruit members through 1-on-1 conversations and inductions.
- Identify issues that will increase membership and build activism and leadership amongst members.
- Analyse workplace mapping and identify potential membership growth areas.
- Plan, implement, and participate in key union led campaigns.
- Assist in the implementation of campaigns in major enterprise bargaining rounds.
- Develop plans to build union power throughout the industry.
- Regularly and systematically visit work sites across NSW and the ACT.
- Assist Organisers to resolve issues at the workplace level through strategic and innovative methods.
Experience & Qualifications
- Commitment to trade union values.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, supporting, and developing union delegates.
- Working knowledge of industrial relations legislation and its practical application.
- Ability to give basic industrial advice to Organisers and Delegates.
- High level networking and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Drivers licence and willingness to travel throughout NSW.
- Computer literate, with the ability to use online tools to communicate with members and make data driven decisions.
- Ability to obtain a Federal Right of Entry and WHS entry permit.
- A team player with well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a close-knit organising team.
- Demonstrated experience of contemporary organising methods and the use of organising frameworks.
Remuneration will be determined according to skills and experience.
15 days personal leave
5 weeks annual leave (20% leave loading).
One Rostered Day Off per month.
Your application should include a resume and a cover letter responding to each of criteria set out above. Applications must be received by 5pm on 10 April 2021.
Send Application to
Email your application to email@example.com addressing it to the Director of Organising - RTBU NSW.
Applications will be handled with Confidentiality.
Applications Close: 26 April 2021
For further information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply online