Unions NSW is the peak council of trade unions in NSW representing over 600,000 members and 60 affiliated unions and trades and labor councils and is part of the broader trade union movement.
Unions NSW is looking for a Full Time Executive Assistant to the Secretary to join our Administrative team.
The Executive Assistant position is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the office of the Unions NSW Secretary from an administrative perspective. This key role will be to provide confidential personal assistance and executive administration support to the Secretary in a fast moving, high pressure executive office.
- Manage critical issues for Unions NSW Secretary and negotiate and resolve issues at an executive level.
- Manage the competing needs of senior management, internal and external stakeholders with the Secretary’s availability.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and discussions within the Secretary’s office
- Manage and coordinate the development of new office systems to support the efficient operation of the Secretary's office.
- Coordinate the administrative operations of Unions NSW Secretary's office to ensure effective integration is achieved across the organisation with other Unions NSW teams.
- Keep abreast of the administrative operation and direction of Unions NSW to facilitate effective decision making within the Secretary's office as well as its specific organisational needs.
- Manage all other aspects of Unions NSW Secretary's office including diary management, coordination of all correspondence and paperwork through the office and ensuring that all speeches, submissions and responses are delivered on time and that the Secretary is prepared for eventualities.
- Assist the Secretary or their delegate with any tasks or campaigns as directed.
- Carry out various administrative tasks in accordance with the Unions NSW Administrative Processes Manual.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with internal and external peers, stakeholders and clients to promote Unions NSW
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in a similar Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant role supporting senior management of an organisation.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Capacity to prioritise work, exercise judgement, initiative and maintain a very high level of confidentiality, while providing high level support within a highly charged, politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands in an environment subject to sudden change.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to varied demands, including out of hours work, sometimes at short notice.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level organisational skills.
- High level problem solving, decision making and delegation skills.
- Proactive and self-directed while also working as a positive team member
Conditions and Entitlements
- Personal Leave: 10 days per annum (accumulative)
- Annual Leave: 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Long Service Leave: 2 months after 10 years’ service
- Rostered Days off: 1 per month
- Superannuation: 9.5% employer contributions 11.5% for female staff.
- Parental Leave: 52 weeks leave including 22 weeks paid parental leave or 3 weeks paid parental leave non-primary carer
How to apply
Unions NSW encourages applications from people who will enhance our diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives.
- To apply for this role, please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter addressing the Essential Criteria.
- Send copies of your CV and Cover Letter to Ms. Amy Patrk via email: email@example.com
- Applications close 5:00pm on Friday 1st March 2019.
- For inquiries please contact Unions NSW, Director – People & Culture Amy Patrk on (02) 9881 5926