Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you want to help improve the lives of workers in Australia? Yes?! Then we are looking for you!
We’re looking for a Visual Campaigner, graphic designer to give a creative flair to our campaigns, social media, website, email and printed marketing collateral. To excel in this role, you need to be an energised, problem-solving, proactive, innovative creator who can take ideas from start to finish.
- Commitment to the principles of the trade union movement.
- Minimum 3 years experience of digital design including:
- Video and animation production and editing
- Digital ads and banners
- Website and email graphics
- Social media graphics
- Website and social media updates
- Demonstrated ability to work individually or as part of a team and to complete and implement work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to execute projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of the online landscape, web content and functionality with experience using online and digital campaign tools of CMS, email marketing software and social media platforms.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and make suggestions based on best design principles.
- Willingness to learn new programs or technology.
- Have a positive can-do attitude, willing to lend a hand on non-design projects when needed.
- Functional HTML and CSS skills.
- Experience with Adobe CC, video/animation production software such as: Premiere, Final Cut Pro, AfterEffects and Adobe Animate.
- Experience in print design including:
- Annual reports
- Branding implementation
- Developing print outreach and campaign materials
2. Extra points if you have a background in political, non-profit or union campaigns and advocacy.
Pay and Conditions
- Based on skills and experience.
- Hours of Work: 35 hours per week plus reasonable overtime.
- Personal Leave: 10 days per annum (accumulative)
- Annual Leave: 5 week's annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Long Service Leave: 2 months after 10 years’ service.
- Superannuation: 9.5% employer contributions 11.5% for female staff.
- Paid Parental Leave: 52 weeks leave including 22 weeks paid parental leave or 3 weeks paid parental leave non-primary carer.
How to apply
- Unions NSW encourages applications from people who will enhance our diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives.
- To apply for this role, please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter addressing the Essential Criteria.
- Submit your digital portfolio, preferably a link that highlights your best work.
- Send copies of your CV, portfolio and Cover Letter to Ms. Angela Byrne via email: email@example.com
- Applications close 5:00pm on Thursday, 30 November 2017.
- For inquiries contact Unions NSW, Senior Digital Campaigner, Angela Byrne on (02) 9881 5924.