Job Title: Campaign Assistant(s)
Reports to: Secretary or designated officer
Direct reports: None
Management responsibilities: None
Unions NSW is the peak council of trade unions in NSW representing over 600,000 members and 60 affiliated unions and trades and labor councils and is part of the broader trade union movement.
Unions NSW is seeking to employ a campaign assistant(s) for 12 months to work as part of the Unions NSW Campaigns Team.
The role will assist with the implementation of all of Unions NSW campaigns including our campaigns on penalty rates, privatisation of public hospitals and to assist with the development of Local Union Community Councils (LUCCs).
They will also participating in structured training and development opportunities.
The Campaign Assistant(s)is an activist role and will to work with Unions NSW Senior Campaigns Officers to implement various industrial and community campaigns and to resource and develop LUCCs.
- The Campaign Assistant(s) will work with Unions NSW Senior Campaigns Officers to:
- develop and implement strategic campaign plans;
- work with affiliates, union members and community organisations to develop, coordinate and implement Unions NSW campaigns;
- plan and execute various Unions NSW campaign events such as rallies, phonebanks, community events, fundraisers, door knocks and streets stalls; and
- generate content and organise workers through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Participate in structured training and development opportunitiesas directed.
- Travel as required to work with affiliates and partner organisations in NSW.
- Assisting with other activities as directed by the Secretary.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of the trade union movement.
- Demonstrated experience and participation in union, political and/or community campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision to complete allocated tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership and organisation skills.
- An ability to generate media content and organise workers through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high-volume workload, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency with relevant office computer programs.
- Willingness to undertake relevant training.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills, including a capacity to engage with a wide range of unionists, community members and interest group leaders.
- Drivers licence.
Pay and Conditions of Employment:
- Salary: Unions NSW Trainee Grade 1 - $57, 869.48.
- Personal Leave: 10 days per annum (accumulative).
- Annual Leave: 5 week’s annual leave with 17.5% leave loading.
- Long Service Leave: 2 months after 10 years’ service.
- Superannuation: 9.5% employer contributions and 11.5% for female employees.
- Paid Parental Leave: 52 weeks leave including 22 weeks paid parental leave or 3 weeks paid parental leave non-primary carer.
Hours of Work:
- 35 hours per week plus reasonable overtime.
For inquiries contact Unions NSW, Senior Campaigns Officer Salim Barbar on 0417 286 482.
Applications must address all the essential criteria and include a CV and two referees and submitted by email no later than 5:00pm on Wednesday, 24 May 2017 to Mark Morey, Secretary, Unions NSW via: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply online