United Voice SA Branch is, one of Australia's largest Unions, is seeking motivated and committed applicants for the position of: Organiser
• Growing union membership and density
• Building workplace and industry activism and leadership
• Working with members, Delegates and employers to resolve collective workplace issues
• Organising collective campaign actions and activities
• A commitment to and understanding of the labour movement is essential
• Excellent communication, messaging, rapport building and objection handling skills with a diverse range of people
• Ability to motivate and educate union members and potential members
• Ability to work outside of the union office (role requires approx. 70% of out of office work)
• An understanding of sectors that United Voice members work in is an advantage
• Experience in one of the following: union, community, social justice, student or other activist campaigns, volunteer work or relevant social studies or industrial relations work
• Computer skills (Microsoft applications, Outlook, iPad)
• Driver’s licence essential
Conditions of Employment
A salary package which includes a fully maintained motor vehicle, generous Annual Leave, Long Service Leave and Superannuation will be negotiated with the successful applicant dependent upon qualifications and relevant experience in line with the United Voice National Terms and Conditions of Employment.
The successful applicant would be required to commence work as soon as possible.
A letter of application with Curriculum Vitae including suitable references and indicating the position you are applying for should be addressed to:
David Di Troia, Branch Secretary, United Voice, PO Box 220 TORRENSVILLE PLAZA SA 5031 or by e-mail at SAAdminResearch@unitedvoice.org.au by no later than 12 noon Friday 8 February 2019.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke free working environment.Apply online