United Voice SA Branch, one of South Australia's largest Unions. is seeking motivated and committed applicant for the position of:
- Growing union membership and density
- Building workplace and industry activism and leadership
- Working with members, Delegates and employers to resolve collective workplace issues
- Organising collective campaign actions and activities
Qualifications / Experience
- A commitment to and understanding of the labour movement is essential
- Excellent communication, messaging, rapport building and objection handling skills with a diverse range of people
- Ability to motivate and educate union members and potential members
- Ability to work outside of the union office (role requires approx. 70% of out of office work)
- An understanding of sectors that United Voice members work in is an advantage
- Experience in one of the following: union, community, social justice, student or other activist campaigns, volunteer work or relevant social studies or industrial relations work
- Computer skills (Microsoft applications, Outlook, iPad)
- Driver’s licence essential
Conditions of Employment
A salary package dependent upon qualifications and relevant experience in line with the United Voice National Terms and Conditions of Employment, including a fully maintained motor vehicle.
The successful applicant would be required to commence work as soon as possible.
A letter of application with Curriculum Vitae including suitable references and indicating the position you are applying for should be addressed to: David Gray, Acting Branch Secretary, United Voice, PO Box 220 TORRENSVILLE PLAZA SA 5031 or by e-mail at email@example.com by no later than 12 noon Friday 26 July 2019.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke free working environment.Apply online