Industrial Officer – Industry Campaigns Team
ABOUT UNITED VOICE
United Voice Victoria is a powerful member-led union driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning in the community and politics.
The Industrial Officer – Industry Campaigns Team role is to:
- Work with members and leaders on their plans to improve their industries and workplaces
- Liaise and negotiate with employers and government decision makers to help execute members’ plans
- Conduct bargaining, consultation processes, employer negotiation, government lobbying and policy development and engage workers in these processes.
- Help devise strategic industry planning in our sectors to help grow membership and participation
- Undertake legal and industrial research
- An exciting role to work on cutting edge campaigns in one of Australia's largest and most dynamic unions that is pioneering new ways to organise workers;
- Helping some of Australia’s most undervalued workers stand up and win respect;
- Working alongside some of Australia’s best organisers in a union that pioneered organising in Australia;
- Great location near the Queen Victoria market
- Six week’s annual leave and 12% superannuation
- Passionate and driven to improve workers’ lives and help build the Union movement
- Dynamic and multi-skilled with a capacity to work independently
- Have high level communication skills and a solid knowledge and understanding of the Australian IR environment
- Assist workers to join and participate in their union through industry or sector campaigns
- Implement campaign plans that move workers through the steps of joining the union, developing their plan, endorsing it, and taking action to win it
- Work with member leaders to develop their plans/ claims for their industries and to negotiate outcomes with employers
- Drive, improve and enforce standards in our sectors
- Grow the Union by creating positive organising environments and structured sign up opportunities
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Strong project management skills
- Strong self-starter and ability to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of the Australian IR environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Great strategic and tactical judgement
United Voice provides competitive pay and working conditions; a salary range of $90,700 - $103,000 commensurate with experience, inclusive of a motor vehicle allowance. The position also attracts 12% superannuation, 6 weeks annual leave, and 25% leave loading.
This is a one year contract position.
Send your application attention to Ben Redford by emailing email@example.com with the subject line Industrial Officer – Industry Campaigns Team
Please include a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria and a current resume.
Completed applications must be received by 6 December.Apply online