United Voice Victoria is powerful member-led union driving change by growing union membership and density, growing the union rank and file leadership, growing the participation of members in the union, driving and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning in the community and politics.
The United Voice Organiser in Training (OIT) Program is an 11 month training program. As an Organiser in Training, you will be trained on the fundamentals of union organising and assigned to union organising campaigns.
- Helping some of Australia’s most undervalued workers stand up and win respect
- Working alongside some of Australia’s best organisers in a union that pioneered organising and campaigning in Australia
- Opportunity to be part of creative and hard-hitting campaigns that change lives
- Five week’s annual leave and 12% superannuation.
- Excellent in communicating and influencing
- Able to build rapport with a range of different people
- Computer literate and have the ability to learn the organisation’s technology tools
- Confident and interested in talking to people
- Signing up workers to the union
- Delivering a systematic message to members
- Identifying potential leaders amongst members
- Updating the union’s databases with the results of your work
- Meeting reasonable targets set with the Organising Director
- Passion for the union movement
- Experience in one of the following; unions, community service, social justice, student or other activist campaigns, volunteer work or relevant social sciences, industrial relations or related degree
- Confidence and interest in talking to people
- Driver’s license now or soon
Remuneration and Contract period
The Organiser in Training is a Fixed Term position (46 week program)
(Pro-rata) $62,726 salary per annum per plus motor vehicle allowance $13,987,12% superannuation, 6 weeks annual leave, 25 % leave loading.
Complete the pro-forma application, found at http://www.unitedvoice.org.au/about/jobs/union-organiser-training-multiple-positions-victoria and send it and a current CV attention to Andrew Jones, Organising and Development Director, United Voice, c/o email@example.com.
Completed applications must be received by 12noon, Tuesday 5th December 2017.Apply online