Campaigners, Organisers and Workplace Delegates
The course will cover topics relating to the use of social media for organising and campaigning. Organisers will understand social media concepts and how to engage workers through social media including Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
· Understand what social media is and how it is used by unions to communicate and engage with workers
· Understand social media terminology and determine how each platform can be used to communicate and engage with workers
· Formulate organising and communication messages in an online setting.
· Understand social media groups and how to use these to engage with workers.
· Link social media engagement with organising and campaigning.
· Understand different types of social media content for use in different platforms, and link this to the organising funnel.
Please ensure relevant approval has been granted by your union in accordance with its rules and elected official and note the cost of this course is $80.00 (GST inclusive).