The Australian Union movemnet is tomorrow laying out a plan for Just Transition for workers in the coal-fired electricity sector at an international conference in Canberra.
Media are invited to attend to hear keynote speakers in the morning session.
Who: ACTU President Ged Kearney; Tony Maher, General President, CFMEU; Mark Richards, Unit Controller, Hazelwood Power Station and Cassandra Goldie, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS), among others.
Special domestic and international speakers include:
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, ITUC (via pre-record)
- Professor Robert Pollin, Co-director and Distinguished Professor of Economics, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Michael Mersmann, Director Globalisation/European Policy at Germany’s trade union for mining, chemicals and energy industries (IGBCE)
- Norbert Maus, Chair, Works Council of RAG, Germany’s black coal mining corporation
- Associate Professor Frank Jotzo, Deputy Director, Crawford School; Director, Centre for Climate Economics and Policy, Australian National University
See the full program attached or visit the ACTU website here.