Organiser Job purpose
An exciting opportunity to implement the National Campaign of the ACTU in Tasmania.
This will involve implementing the national campaign within specific electorate/s, including:
- developing a deep understanding of the electorate
- identifying and recruiting activists
- working with local union affiliates
- organising activists and volunteers
- organising and implementing actions
- recruiting and organising members
- working with key community allies
- organising and implementing voter persuasion campaigns
- implementing all on the ground aspects of the national campaign
Key Selection Criteria
- Commitment to and passion for the values of the Australian union movement
- High level organising and/or campaigning skills, in particular demonstrated ability to build and support groups of activists
- Highly developed verbal and written skills, with the ability to explain complex information in a clear and articulate fashion.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, plan and deliver on campaign objectives.
- Capacity to provide insight into the ongoing development of a successful campaign strategy.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills enabling the capacity to work consistently under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated capacity to work well with others in a team environment & to provide leadership.
- IT and social media literacy
- Capacity to exercise judgement, discretion & initiative within a politically sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with local TLCs and affiliates
- Capacity to work long and irregular hours and travel regularly and to relocate to a designated region if necessary.
The ACTU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary appropriate to skills and experience, 15% superannuation and other excellent conditions apply. Note: Please note this role will be based in the Hobart, Tasmania.
For a confidential discussion regarding the role please call Emma Kingdon on 0439 623 500.
Please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria by no later than 5pm Friday 9th June to email@example.comApply online