Manager Member Support Centre
The Australian Education Union represents members working in Public Education in Victoria
The union has a position available for Manager of its Member Support Centre (MSC) in its Melbourne office.
The role of the MSC is to provide industrial advice and assistance to individual members and representatives. The MSC carries out this role within the AEU objective of building membership and activism in the union.
The Manager of the MSC is responsible for the effective operation of the MSC. They manage and coordinate the effective provision of information and assistance with resolution of issues and ensure all officers work effectively as a team.
Remuneration: The full time annual salary for this position is $124,934 plus superannuation.
Enquiries: A Position Description is available on the AEU website https://www.aeuvic.asn.au/about-us/work-us. Questions about this vacancy can be directed to Jeff Slingsby on (03) 9417 2822.
Applications: Send to Jenny Evans, HR and Organisational Development Manager, AEU Victorian Branch, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Wednesday 28 February 2018
All applications must include a statement addressing the following Selection Criteria.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a work unit including planning, monitoring, and resource management to ensure required organisational outcomes are met
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff
- Demonstrated extensive experience in handling member cases including development of materials and documents, negotiation and advocacy of cases to resolution including before tribunals
- Ability to provide advice, mentor, coach, and develop staff in undertaking MSC case work to ensure a high quality and effective service to AEU members
- The ability and experience in case work to review the operation of the MSC and develop strategies and innovative approaches to improve its effectiveness
- Knowledge of AEU Agreements and other relevant industrial and employment law
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to show initiative and demonstrate high level organisational skills including being able to work to deadlines, prioritise work, and manage multiple matters concurrently
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Commitment to unionism
- An understanding of and commitment to public education
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence